Real-life experiences hold a certain enchanting quality that truly captivates us. They are the kinds of moments that linger in our memories long after we have left them behind. For instance, imagine the exhilarating rush of traversing through the snow-dusted terrains of Parnassos, or the serene tranquility of cruising through the misty and unusually tranquil canals of west Macedonia. These unexpected and wondrous encounters are what truly make our journeys extraordinary.
A thrilling adventure to Parnassos’ slopes and discovering the enchanting wonders of Greece’s top-notch ski resort is an ideal addition to a winter getaway in Athens. And after hitting the slopes, indulge in some lively entertainment in cosmopolitan Arachova, featuring charming traditional architecture, mouthwatering taverns, boutiques filled with local goods, and an abundance of lodging options.
Highlights of Snow ski on Parnassos and magical Arachova 2 days tour
- Professional English speaking tour driver
- Parnassos snow ski resort
- Parnassos spectacular geomorphology and rich biodiversity place
- Magestic Arachova called “Mykonos of yhe winter”
Day 1: Athens – Arachova – Parnassos ski center – Arachova
Parnassos; This majestic mountain stands among the tallest peaks in Greece, boasting stunning geomorphology and a thriving ecosystem that make it a vital highland destination. Featuring Greece’s largest downhill skiing resort, this elevated wonderland offers avid skiers the chance to traverse its snow-dusted slopes all season long. Located close to Athens, this beloved mountain attracts many visitors with its prime location and incredible winter activities.Get ready for an unforgettable journey as we embark on a private tour from Athens in the morning.
Believe it or not, a mere 2½ hour drive from Athens will lead us to an incredible location for skiing and snowboarding. The breathtaking ski resort of Parnassos beckons as the ultimate destination for mountain retreats in Central Greece. Surrounded by lush greenery, this region is perfect for thrilling hikes, mountain biking expeditions, mountaineering adventures, village explorations, and countless other activities.
Nestled amidst towering firs and majestic snow-capped mountains lies Greece’s premier ski destination. Take to the slopes reaching high altitudes of 2,260m, perfect for both beginners and experts alike. And for those seeking a more serene winter experience, bask in the cozy ambiance of the ski chalet restaurant or soak up some rays on a sunbed while your loved ones partake in exhilarating skiing or snowboarding lessons.
After skiing, fun awaits you in cosmopolitan Arachova, with its traditional architecture, taverns, shops with local products and countless accommodation possibilities. Overnight.
Day 2: Arachova – Athens
Wake up to a scrumptious breakfast and indulge in a leisurely morning before setting off to explore the enchanting town of Arachova, nicknamed the “Mykonos of the Winter”. Join us on a delectable journey to this charming destination, just a stone’s throw away from Athens, and discover why it attracts countless visitors each year (from early November to late April) to bask in its snow-covered landscapes.
Experience the ultimate winter getaway at the breathtaking mountain village of Arachova, a top choice for avid skiers, celebrities, and first-time travelers seeking a tranquil escape. Are you preparing for your upcoming ski adventure? Look no further than Arachova, situated in the picturesque shadow of Mt. Parnassos and renowned as Greece’s premier winter destination.
Immerse yourself in the charming ambiance of the village as you leisurely meander through its winding cobblestone streets. Savor a variety of delightful hot and sweet, or mellow and fruity beverages at cozy cafes or authentic kafeneia (coffee shops). Don’t miss the opportunity to sample the locally crafted food products at gourmet shops and exquisite restaurants to truly experience the village’s traditional charm.
Indulge in an unforgettable culinary adventure with your loved ones, and savor regional delicacies such as kontosouvli, a succulent dish made of large chunks of pork cooked on a spit with a medley of onions, tomatoes, peppers, and seasoned with traditional spices like salt, pepper, garlic, and oregano. Don’t miss out on trying kokoretsi, a savory dish of lamb intestines stuffed with organ meat, or the delicious sarmades, made with stuffed grape leaves. Be sure to also sample the scrumptious traditional pies and handmade trahanas, a versatile pasta soup available in both sweet and tangy flavors. And don’t forget to taste the famous formaela cheese, a delectable hard rind cheese with a delightfully mild taste, produced right here in Arachova.
As a gourmet or avid food enthusiast, you’ll surely concur with us: Arachova is a true culinary gem. On our return journey to Athens, relish the unforgettable experiences we’ve curated for you throughout the afternoon.
ESPECIALLY THIS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- 1 nights hotel accommodation in Arachova
- All transfers as mentioned
- A professional English speaking tour driver
- Daily breakfast
- 24-hour assistance phone number
- Toll fee
- Liability insurance
ESPECIALLY THIS PACKAGE EXCLUDES:
- International flights
- Entrance fees during sightseeing
- Personal expenses
- Vacation / Holiday package
- Sightseeing sailing (for packages include islands)
- All ferry tickets are calculated on economy class, without cabin.
- Hotels, pickup and drop off (selected hotels only)
- Round trip transfers (Port – Hotel –Port) on each Island are included (Shared).
- An English speaking tour drive, with good knowledge of the Greek history and culture (for private tours)
- Road tolls, All taxes, and handling charges
Excluded from the tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and Beverage
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Trip Terms & Conditions
- Your deposit is due immediately on booking (30% of program price, minimum €150,00). The balance is due 90 days prior to departure.
- Tour quotes do not include airfare to/from the trip start point unless noted on the itinerary.
- Cost increases in currency exchange, government fees, taxes, surcharges or hotel/lodge tariff increases between quote date and start date are payable by the client.
- Availability cannot be guaranteed until booked. We will exercise best efforts to book hotels per the itinerary, however, in busy seasons and with client bookings made within 90 days of tour date we may be forced to offer substitutes.
- Payment of the program price constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions set out at “Terms-Conditions”.
- Living Standards and practices at destination may differ from those in your country with respect to provisions of utilities, services and accommodation
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Departure Time: Departure as per our program
- Return details: Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
- The order of visiting the islands can be changed according to the traffic and weather conditions.
- All boat schedules given in regards with Greek island packages can be adjusted according to clients wishes, while all mentioned times serve mainly as a reference to the most convenient boat schedule.
- Accommodation on the islands is based according to availability .
- Any part of the trips operated by ferry can be substituted by air sectors at an extra cost, according to availability.
- Packages description for the economy of time and space, includes only the services offered and occasionally a few suggestions.
- Specific information about every suggested destination can be found separately.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
“Don’t miss out on this exhilarating full-day ski tour from Athens, now available for booking! With a duration of 10 hours, you’ll immerse yourself in a winter wonderland. Get your free quote today!”