This 4 hours private Walking tour of Athens, with the Acropolis and Plaka; private will offer you a contrast of the ancient civilization and the modern site of the city. It is a tour you will definitely remember as both the Acropolis and Plaka are the most famous of Greece.
Itinerary for the Walking tour of Athens, with the Acropolis and Plaka; private
The Acropolis (Parthenon, Erechteion, Propylaia, Temple of Nike, Theater of Dionysus, Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Areus Pagus/Mars Hill), and Plaka
Highlights of the Walking tour of Athens, with the Acropolis and Plaka; private
- The Acropolis monuments
- The Plaka, old part of Athens
- Guided by an official licensed tour guide
Description for the Walking tour of Athens, with the Acropolis and Plaka; private
This delightful private walking tour of Athens will start from the base of the Acropolis. First visit the crown of the city, the Holy Rock of the Acropolis, how hosts on , the famous Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erecthion and the Mars Hill.
After almost an hour an a half visit on the Acropolis we will head on to Plaka, the picturesque old part of Athens with its colorful neighborhoods, graphical paths full of life , restaurants, shops, cafes etc. Enjoy a Meze with Ouzo or a Geek coffee, feel in you the full of life Greek stile of living.
If you are staying in hotel, any address in Athens or arriving on a cruise ship in Piraeus port, we can arrange to pick you up from there with a taxi, minivan, minibus or coach according to the number of your group for an extra cost.
- Shore Excursion
- Walking tour
- Pickup from your cruise terminal. Our tour guide or driver will be for you at the cruise arrivals terminal holding a sign with your name on. After you meet we will escort you to our air conditioned van for your for your 15 minutes transfer to Athens. She / He will be at the designated meeting point at 08:45
- Drop off point in Athens Our van will drop you off at the entrance of the hotel Amalia in front of the Parliament building. Your driver will help you to find your guide. The Athens walking tour starts at 9.30 am. (On Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Easter) our tour starts at 10:30.
- Drop off back to your cruise ship pier Our van and driver will be at 15:45 at the beginning of the pedestrian Walk Way of Dionyssiou Areopagitou in front of Melina's statue across from Hadrian’s Arch. If for any reason you miss the transfer back to your cruise ship terminal, you will have to return to Piraeus port with your own means.
- Important: Please be at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to departure time because our van / bus will will just stop for a moment to pick up passengers and will depart immediately for Piraeus
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed English speaking tour guide
- Duration 3 hours approx
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Departures: All year round
Meeting point: At the base of the Acropolis, exactly in front of “Dionysos Restaurant, Robertou Galli 43, Athens 117 43″
End point: Drop off at the same point or Plaka.
Duration: 3 hours
Starting time: at 08:30 (is proposed) in order to avoid crowd on the Acropolis
Note. Entrance fee for the Acropolis is not included.