Port of Call: Santorini
If you are among those who wish to break away from the crowd and enjoy a more intimate experience, you should definitely consider this 4 hours tour in Santorini, with your PRIVATE latest technology air-conditioned vehicle. Keep in mind that families and children are always welcomed on this tour since there are numerous interesting sites to see.
Memorable 4-hour Shore trip to Fira, villages & wine tasting; Over the centuries, the beauty and charm of this island have been enchanted by philosophers, scientists, artists, poets, writers, and intellectuals. Santorini has always been an awe-inspiring island for visitors, due to its unique landscape and architecture.
Walk the alleyways of Fira
Perhaps the most visually striking of all the Mediterranean islands, where white villages cling to the towering volcanic cliffs. Walk the alleyways of Fira, where the houses vie for the best views of the Aegean Sea. You will be amazed to see how your gaze will be lost in the deep blue of this amazing sea lying in front of you.
Some belief the island to be part of the legendary lost continent of Atlantis. The volcanic island has great views from Mount Profitis Ilias and a monastery dating back to 1712.
Visit traditional villages in Santorini
During this exciting and varied half-day tour, we take you to the highest point of the island, Mount Profitis Ilias where you can visit the monastery built-in 1712. The views from here are spectacular. Then it’s off to visit two traditional villages. The villages have pristine white houses, courtyards, and mansions giving them a very special beauty. You will have free time in each village, before coming to rest at a local winery.
Wine tasting in Santorini
Santorini is renowned for its fully flavored wines. Santorini has a long tradition in viticulture, counting at least 3,500 years. The unique climate combined with the soil composition has made the vinified varieties give wines a distinctive personality. The rare aromas of the authentic sun-dried wines of Santorini are reminiscent of honey, raisin, fig, and walnut.
The island has one of the oldest vineyards around the world, dating from prehistoric times. The main grape varieties grown in Santorini that give all the wide range of wines are the Assyrtiko (giving 80% of the production of Santorini) Athyri and Aidani, giving white wines, as well as Mantilaria, Mavrotragano and Voudomato giving red wines.
The wines of Santorini are characterized by intense aromas and flavors. When you find yourself in the local winery, do not miss the chance to taste one of the most tasteful wines you will ever get to taste in your life: Vinsanto. Vinsanto (Vino di Santorini) is the traditional sweet wine of Santorini and is connected with the modern history of the island. The vinification is made from sun-dried grapes in the summer sun of Santorini. Could you think of anything better than this perfect end to a relaxing tour?
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed