Port of Call: Santorini
Santorini is a unique destination; an island you will never forget. This 4-hour shore excursion to Oia, the Caldera and Fira promises you exactly this.
The geological characteristics of the past, the imposing scenery of the ancient legends of Atlantis, make Santorini a unique island in the Aegean. Its dramatic cliffs overlooking the sea, thetraditional villages on the edge of the caldera, the romantic itineraries along the towns of Fira and Firostefani, and its intense nightlife are some of the main characteristics of the island. The white domed houses that cling to the sides of the cliffs of the caldera are formed by the eruption in 1500 BC and offer an incredible view sto Aegean Sea.
It is said that the sunset in Santorini is the most beautiful in the world, especially from Imerovigli and Oia and has inspired many artists from different eras. Fact is, that the island surpasses the expectations of every tourist card you may have seen before, and that the landscape of Santorini opens eyes to one of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. All Greek islands have something unique, but Santorini is perhaps the most impressive of all.
Highlights of the 4-hour private shore excursion to Oia, the Caldera and Fira
- A 4 hours private tour in Fira and Oia
- Admire the Caldera with its breathtaking views, the trademark of Santorini
- Visit Oia, the most famous village in Santorini
- Highly recommended for cruise passengers visiting Santorini for a whole day or for several hours
Description of the 4-hour private shore excursion to Oia, Caldera and Fira
Some believe the island to be part of the legendary lost continent of Atlantis. Could Santorini be “Atlantis”?
Start your private tour after our meeting at the cable car at Fira.
We will take you to Firostefani to visit the highest point of Fira, with its famous blue-domed churches. Enjoy the magnificent panoramic view, the traditional architecture, the art galleries, the romantic coffee shops, and take as many picturesque photos as possible.
Continuing your cruise shore excursion we will travel north-west to Oia, the scenic village in the edge of Santorini island. Visit the most famous of all villages of Santorini, known throughout the world for its quiet life and fantastic sunset.
Oia is certainly the most beautiful and picturesque village of the island, situated on top of an impressive cliff and offers a spectacular view over the volcano of Palia, the Nea Kameni and the island of Thirassia. Oia has inspired many artists, which is evident, since the area hosts an impressive number of galleries.
Discover this traditional village with the charming houses in narrow streets, the blue domed churches, and the sun-bathed verandas. Its famous cobblestone streets feature plenty of tourist shops, taverns, cafes, and other shops.
We will take the same route back, to end our private tour at the cable car terminal in Fira.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed