Not just a regular island. Delos; The birthplace of Artemis and Apollo. A sacred island and the treasure of Greece! Delos
was the center of the Cyclades and the ancient world, just a 45-minute boat ride from Mykonos, Delos was/is the island of light, the birthplace of Apollo and Artemis. Delos, home to the first multicultural civilization and trade.
Majestic Delos 4-h tour to the island of Apollo & Artemis just 5 sq. km is the size of the entire island and the hall island is considered an archaeological monument. A famous political and religious center of the ancient world, the Delos island having been inhabited between 2500 and 69 b.C. Our professional tour guide will take you through the many treasures remaining from these times. Visit the ancient market Agora, the famous terrace of the unique marble Naxos lions, the holy lake, the ancients living quarters and theater that give you a lively vision of the daily life then; especially the houses of Dionysos, Kleopatra, the Trident, the Masks, the Dolphins with their mosaics are a fantastic experience of art not to be missed.
… Continue your visit to admire remains of temples, holy places, and settlements dating back from the Neolithic to the Roman periods, like the temple of Isis, the Egyptian goddess, the
Roman water system and cisterns and the wonderful museum with plenty of breathtaking mosaics, statues, and many more objects found during the excavations.
Join this cruise and walking half-day guided tour to Delos and depart at 10 pm from the old pier in Mykonos Town and you return at 2.30 pm. If you wish to remain a little bit longer you can also take the last boat back at 3 pm in order to have some time at leisure or maybe climb on Mount Kynthos to enjoy the view over all the surrounding Cycladic islands.
Return back to Mykonos harbor were having in your experience portfolio one of the most important archeological sites of the eastern Mediterranean! End of our service!
Open Every day except Monday, between May and September (Organized). Private every day all year round upon request.
Duration: approx three and a half hours.
Price (per Adult): –,00 €
Price includes round trip boat ticket, entrance fee, and licensed guide.
Prices do not include: in/out transfers hotel-port-hotel.
Departure time: 10.00 a.m.
Return time: 13:30 p.m. from Delos Island, arrival in Mykonos Town 14:00 approximately (there is also an earlier boat from Delos in case you need to come back before 14:00 p.m)
Meeting time/point: 09:30 a.m. / Delos port in Mykonos Town, by the Town Hall
Special Instructions: The site of Delos is explored on foot. Please wear low heeled comfortable shoes, and bring water and a hat.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed