Reach in history, the island of Corfu boasts an extremely beautiful natural landscape, dotted with vineyards, nice beaches, and reach gardens. Achillio, Kanoni, Triklino Vine Yard, Garitsa, Old Town
Enjoy this 4 hour Corfu private tour and experience the best sites on the Island that can timely fit in this Corfu shore excursion.
Athens tour Greece private chauffeur will pick you up from the port to drive towards Achillion the trade mark of Corfu island. Achillionis near the village Gasturi and it was built on behalf of princes Elisabeth. It’s got its name from Achilles, whom Elisabeth admired very much. After her death, Achillion was empty until Kaiser bought it and made some alterations both inside and outside. During the War, Achillion was used as hospital and a headquarters. When the Wars were over it became a public estate. Inside there are many beautiful paintings, personal belongings of princes Elisabeth, such as her furniture and jewels, and statues. The most important item is one painting that shows Achilles dragging Hector in front of Trojan walls.
Outside Achillion there are two magnificent statues of Achilles, most important of them the statue of ‘’Dying Achilles’’. There are also the statues of The Nine Muses of ancient Greece and of course beautiful gardens all around the palace.
Drive to Kanoni situated north of Old Town of Corfu. It was named after the cannons that the French had placed there. One cannon is still there in a small square. Kanoni is situated north of Palaiopoli of Corfu. It was named after the cannons that the French had placed there. One cannon is still there in a small square. Before Kanoni lies the famous Pontikonissi. According to legends Pontikonissi is the place where Odysseas crashed due to a terrible storm. Others say that Pontikonissi is the ship of Odysseas that turned into stone when the Phaiakes transferred him back to Ithaki. From Kanoni you can visit the church of Vlacherna and from there take the small boat to go opposite to Pontikonissi. At Kanoni there is also the casino. Finally from Kanoni the air lane of Corfu airport is visible, so you can see the planes landing and taking off.
Continuing your private shore excursion your private chauffeur will take you to a Vine Yardis located on a hill with panoramic view of central Corfu, we grow local varieties of grapes, around a building of local architecture in which olive oil and wine production tools are displayed.
Taste Corfu through its local wine tasting and take back home with you the best tasty memories of the island .
In contrast visit the coastal region of Corfu Garitsa. Garitsa is the coastal region of Corfu. The best time to take a walk in Garitsa is as the sun sets down. The colors of the sky are overwhelming. There you can meet joggers, bikers, mothers with children, street vendors. You can start your walk from the old fortress and reach Anemolylos for a café or a drink or vice versa. Either way it will take approximately half an hour. And if you got hungry opposite the sea there are plenty of restaurants to discover the corfiot cuisine. Note that the best time to take a walk in Garitsa is as the sun sets down. The colors of the sky are overwhelming.
Finlay your Athens tour Greece private chauffeur will travel to Corfu town. It is the capital of the island and it is divided in the old and the new city. The old city is inside the fortress walls. There are two fortresses the old and the new. They protected Corfu from the Turkish invasion. The old city kept the Venetian architecture while outside the walls you can find more modern buildings. Corfu town has many sightseeing such as the church of Agios Spyridon, Liston, Spianada, Garitsa bay, the two fortresses, several museums and of course the famous ‘’kantunia’’, narrow roads with shops that sell folkloric art and traditional products.Visit he Church of Agios Spyridon, is the protector of Corfu. The church that is devoted to Him is an attraction for every religious person. Tradition mentions many miracles that Agios Spyridon made. First of all it is believed that He help the people of Corfu against the Turkish invasion. The church’s bell tower is very high and it’s visible from all around Corfu town. Inside the church there are remarkable icons of saints. But the item that attracts more attention is the body of Agios Spyridon that is kept inside a coffin in a special room. It only comes out four times a year along with all the philharmonic orchestras of Corfu. A spectacular event that everyone should watch.
The most famous site in Corfu,Liston. There isn’t even a single one visitor of Corfu that hasn’t drunk his coffee in one of Liston cafes. Liston is opposite Spianada Square. It was build by French aristocrats. It’s a building complex that lies in a line in front of Spianada. That’s why it is called ‘’Liston’’ from an Italian word (dialect) that mean straight line. Liston is a line full of arches and underneath them there are cafes. The arcades of Liston gather all kind of activities and events. Before Liston passes also the procession that accompanies the bones of Agios Spyridon along with the philharmonic orchestras.
Spianada square is considered the biggest square in Greece. It is a huge park full of happy children playing. But in Spianada we can find another innovation regarding Greece. There is a cricket field, where the fans and the members of Corfu cricket club can exercise their favorite sport.
Ending your Corfu private shore excursion your private driver will travel through the coastal road of Corfu town to the cruise terminal for your departure or drop you off at the Liston to enjoy the area.
This tour is highly recommended for a cruise excursion. It’s ideal for travelers visiting Corfu for one day
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed