Athens 3-hours walking tour in the footsteps of Apostle Paul; This 3 hours private walking tour of Athens is specially designed for those who want to combine a Christian tour with what Athens is mostly known for, its famous memorials, history, and cultures. It is a tour you will definitely enjoy.
Itinerary of the Athens walking tour in the footsteps of Apostle Paul; private
The Acropolis (Parthenon, Erechteion, Propylaia, Temple of Nike, Theater of Dionysus, Odeon of Herodes Atticus, Areus Pagus/Mars Hill), the ancient Greek agora [Stoa of Attalos & Temple of Hyphaestus], the Roman agora and the Tower of Winds
Highlights of the private Athens walking tour in the footsteps of apostle Paul
- The Acropolis with its mythical temples
- The Mars hill, the meeting point of philosophers and Paul
- The ancient Greek agora
- Guided by an official licensed tour guide
Description of the private Athens walking tour in the footsteps of apostle Paul
Your private walking tour begins from the base of the Acropolis. Visit on the Acropolis, the crown of the Holy Rock is, of course, the Parthenon, the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, and of course the Mars Hill (Areopagus) (Acts 17:22) where Apostle Paul came to preach the word of the Christian religion to the Athenians.
Continuing with your walking tour, your private licensed tour guide will take you to ancient Greek agora, a spectacular small quarter of Athens where St Paul preached and met his followers. St Paul as well all the philosophers, scientists, and artists spent almost the entire day there, meeting people, making friends, exchanging ideas, and discussing the new religion. An important part of Athens and significant for Paul’s stay in Greece. Visit the Roman agora with a tower of the winds.
If you are staying in a hotel, any address in Athens, or arriving on a cruise ship in Piraeus port, we can arrange to pick you up from there with a taxi, minivan, minibus, or coach according to the number of your group for an extra cost.
- Shore Excursion
- Walking tour
- Pickup from your cruise terminal. Our tour guide or driver will be for you at the cruise arrivals terminal holding a sign with your name on. After you meet we will escort you to our air conditioned van for your for your 15 minutes transfer to Athens. She / He will be at the designated meeting point at 08:45
- Drop off point in Athens Our van will drop you off at the entrance of the hotel Amalia in front of the Parliament building. Your driver will help you to find your guide. The Athens walking tour starts at 9.30 am. (On Good Friday (Greek Orthodox Easter) our tour starts at 10:30.
- Drop off back to your cruise ship pier Our van and driver will be at 15:45 at the beginning of the pedestrian Walk Way of Dionyssiou Areopagitou in front of Melina's statue across from Hadrian’s Arch. If for any reason you miss the transfer back to your cruise ship terminal, you will have to return to Piraeus port with your own means.
- Important: Please be at the designated meeting point 10 minutes prior to departure time because our van / bus will will just stop for a moment to pick up passengers and will depart immediately for Piraeus
Included in the tour
- Professional licensed English speaking tour guide
- Duration 3 hours approx
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed
Departures: All year round
Meeting point: At the base of the Acropolis, exactly in front of “Dionysos Restaurant, Robertou Galli 43, Athens 117 43″
Endpoint: Drop off at the same point.
Duration: 3 hours
Starting time: at 08:30 (is proposed) in order to avoid crowd on the Acropolis
N.B. Entrance fee for the Acropolis is not included.