Awe-Inspiring 8-h private photography tour in Athens; The full-day photography tour in Athens promises to give you some of the most memorable experiences and images in your life. If you wish to discover Athens from a local’s point of view, this is your best chance and a great value-for-money private tour as well.
What you will see during this photography tour in Athens
Philopappou Hill, Hadrian’s Arch, Temple of Zeus, Panathenaic Stadium, Greek Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Lycabettus Hill, Plaka, Ancient Agora, Port of Piraeus
Highlights of the Awe-Inspiring 8-h private photography tour in Athens
- The views from the hills of Lycabettus and Philopappou
- The hidden treasures of the city through the eyes of the locals
- The numerous chances for amazing photos in Athens
- The attractive port of Piraeus
Description of the full-day private photography tour in Athens
The full-day private photography tour in Athens will take you to all the parts of the ancient and modern city that actually create this blend of historical and modern parts.
The photography tour will start from the Hill of Philopappou, which offers spectacular views of the Acropolis and the Parthenon.
You can place your tripod here and take some amazing pictures of the Parthenon, with the gorgeous backdrop of the city.
Alternatively, you may visit the actual Acropolis Hill, with its magnificent Parthenon, Erechtheion, and the Porch of Maidens, to admire the classical beauty of Athens in person. If you chose this option, then we will skip the visit to Philopappou Hill and drive you to the Acropolis instead.
Later, the tour will take you to the heart of the city where you can visit the Temple of Zeus and the Hadrian’s Arch standing right in front of the Temple. There you can take pictures of both the ancient and modern parts of the city since the Arch is the so-called “border” of the two parts of the city of Athens.
One of the highlights…
… of the city is the Panathenaic Stadium, which is the place where the first modern Olympics took place in 1896 and is also the finish of the Marathon race nowadays.
You will also visit Syntagma Square where you can see the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and the House of the Parliament. Next to the Parliament, you can take some pictures of the gorgeous and well maintained National Gardens with all the greenery and the ponds.
If you are an avid photographer, then you will love our next stop of the private photography tour. Panepistimiou Avenue boasts some of the most beautiful buildings in Athens: the National Gallery, the National Academy of Arts, and the University of Athens.
Later on, we will be visiting the hill of Lycabettus which offers you the chance to take panoramic photos of the entire city. Lycabettus Hill is the highest hill in Athens and offers gorgeous views of the whole basin of Athens.
The private photography tour will continue towards Plaka and Monastiraki where you can see some of the most intriguing ancient buildings and ruins of the city: the Ancient Agora, the Stoa of Attalos, the temple of Hephaistus, and the remains of the important library of Hadrian dating from 132 AD.
The center of Athens also offers you the chance to shoot some of the daily activities of the Athenians, therefore, the private tour will take you to the fish and meat market of Athens, which is full of flavors, aromas, and colors. The agora is close to Plaka, the picturesque bohemian quarter of Athens which will give you truly endless chances and reasons to take pictures.
The private photography tour would not be complete without a visit to the Port of Piraeus, the most important port in the country. It is an interesting place for picture lovers, because of the large ships, the sea, and the atmosphere of traveling that captivates the visitor right away.
You will also get to see Mikrolimano, which is a small marina and fishermen’s harbor, and the over-standing quarter of Castella, which offers panoramic views of the harbor and is an amazing place to take pictures.
The 9 hours private photography tour in Athens is a tour you will love; just bring your cameras and get ready for shooting!
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed