The half day private photography tour to the coastal Athens and Sounion is a six hour tour to the beauties of Athens and its southern suburbs.
The coastal part of Athens, or the Athens Riviera as many people call it, is truly beautiful and is definitely a place that all photo aficionados will love. You can take some truly great photos with one of the most spectacular backdrops you can imagine.
What you will see during this half-day private photography tour
Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Vouliagmeni Lake, Varkiza, Cape Sounion
Highlights of the half-day photography tour to the coastal Athens and Sounion
- The coastal suburbs of Athens, also known as Athens Riviera
- The impressive site of Cape Sounion with the temple of Poseidon
- Six hours close to the sea breathing the sea breeze
- Private tour with an English-speaking professional driver
Description of the half day private photography tour to the coastal Athens and Sounion
The half day private photography tour to the Athens Riviera and Sounion will take you to the coastal road of Athens that passes by the famous southern suburbs of the city.
You will be able to see and shoot the incredible beaches of Glyfada and Voula, and you will get to one of the greenest and most attractive coastal suburbs of Athens, Vouliagmeni.
At Vouliagmeni you will have the chance to see the Lake of Vouliagmeni, which is a natural phenomenon. It is a small lake for swimming, just amidst high rocks, with a stable temperature of 24 degrees all year long, regardless of the season.
The half day photography tour will continue towards Varkiza, with its splendid sandy beaches and small taverns by the sea. Almost half an hour later, you will be reaching the Cape Sounion, one of the absolute highlights of any tour in Athens and the southern suburbs.
Sounion is dominated by the amazing Temple of Poseidon, which is another example of the classic architecture of the 5th century BC, overlooking the Aegean Sea.
This is one of the most breathtaking views to the sea you will ever see; if you are visiting in late afternoon hours you will have the chance to enjoy a sunset of similar beauty to the one of Santorini.
Cape Sounion is a not only a site of historical importance, but is also one of the most photographed sites in Greece; and definitely for a reason. Once you get there, you will also feel drawn by the captivating beauty of the place, so have your cameras ready to capture the allure of the site that will most certainly amaze you. The combination of the sea, the breeze, the views and the majestic temple is something you will remember for the rest of your life.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed