Enjoy a unique private tour in Greece, visiting archaeological and Byzantine sites, a plethora of picturesque villages, and impressive countryside areas in Epirus (West Greece), with a five days tour to Delphi, Meteora, and Ioannina.
Itinerary of the five days private tour to Delphi, Meteora, and Ioannina
Athens, Arachova, Delphi, Kalambaka, Meteora, Zagorochoria, Vikos Gorge, Ioannina, Athens
Highlights of the magnificent Delphi, Meteora and Epirus 5 days tour
- An interesting road trip from Central to Western Greece
- Sites of immense archaeological interest, such as Delphi, and important Byzantine hubs, such as Meteora
- Visit the picturesque and hospitable villages of Zagorochoria in Epirus
- Enjoy the gorgeous landscape of Central and Western Greece
Description of the 5 days tour to Delphi, Meteora, and Ioannina
Day 1: Athens, Levadia, Arachova, Delphi
Driving through the beautiful countryside and villages of Central Greece is always a great experience, therefore, wake up early in the morning and set off for Levadia and the picturesque mountainous village of Arachova, which is a famous winter & ski resort; just a few kilometers away you will find Delphi, the Navel of the Earth, as it was known in the ancient years.
Delphi is the sanctuary of God Apollo and one of the most mystic areas in Ancient Greece; it was here where the Oracle of Apollo gave her ambiguous answers to all the people that were flocking to Delphi from every corner of the known world to ask for her opinion on political and personal issues.
In Delphi, you will visit the archaeological site and the Museum of Delphi, which houses the Bronze Charioteer, the Athenian Treasury, and the ancient theatre.
After the sightseeing tour, you will enjoy a tasteful lunch with local flavors, either in Delphi or Arachova and you will have a free afternoon to spend at your leisure in Delphi.
Dinner and overnight in Delphi.
Day 2: Delphi, Amphissa, Lamia, Trikala, Kalambaka, Meteora
The second day of the tour starts with a free morning in Delphi, before setting off for Kalambaka.
We will drive you by important towns of Central Greece, such as Amphissa, Lamia and Trikala.
At the end of our trip, we will reach the town of Kalambaka, which nests at the feet of Meteora Rocks and Monasteries.
You will have a free evening and overnight in Meteora.
Day 3: Meteora – Zagorochoria Villages – Metsovo
On the third day of the private tour, you will have the chance to visit the renowned Monasteries of Meteora, which are located on the top of the Meteora Rocks, as if hanging from them.
The complex of these Byzantine Monasteries is the second most important in Europe, after Athos in Northern Greece. Today Meteora is protected by UNESCO, and it is definitely one of the highlights of the tour.
After the visit to the Meteora Monasteries, you will travel towards Western Greece and you will stop at the beautiful Zagorochoria, a small complex of gorgeous and picturesque villages that stands out due to its lush greenery, the running waters, the cobblestone paths, and stone bridges.
You will spend the night at the largest of the villages, namely Papingo so as to relax and feel the rejuvenating freshness of nature.
Day 4: Papingo, Vikos Gorge, Ioannina
The 4th day of the private tour finds you in Papingo, setting off for the Vikos Gorge, the deepest Gorge in Europe and one of the main outdoor activity hubs in Greece, where trekking, climbing, and rafting are the most common things to do.
You will enjoy a late lunch and then head towards Ioannina; 4km away from Ioannina you will visit the Cave of Perama, which is one of the largest and most impressive caves in Greece covering a total area of 14,000 sq. meters. The caves’ house remains from the prehistoric era, fossils, and murals which are inspired by the myth of God Hades and Persephone.
You will have a free evening in Ioannina where you can enjoy a wonderful stroll by the largest lake in Greece, Pamvotida.
Overnight in Ioannina.
5th Day: Ioannina, Igoumenitsa, Parga, Preveza, Agrinio, Nafpaktos, Antirio, Rio, Athens
The morning of the 5th day is free, allowing you to get the feeling of Ioannina, a truly atmospheric and picturesque city. Don’t miss the Vrelis Wax Museum of Greek History!
Later, we will drive you through the seaside road from Igoumenitsa to the picturesque Parga and Preveza, so as to enjoy the gorgeous sapphire Ionian Sea waters.
The tour will end in Athens late in the afternoon.
- Shore Excursion - Private tour
- Activity level: Moderate
Included in the tour
- Car and Driver
- A professional English speaking driver or escort with good knowledge in history and culture of Greece, to guide you till you enter archaeological sites and museums. Tour drivers are not licensed to companion you inside the archaeological sites and museums. If you'd like to have a licensed by the state tour guide to escort you inside the sites and museums, we can arrange it for you with an additional cost. Licensed by the state tour guides are freelance and it is subject of availability on bookings day!
- Transport by air-conditioned Mercedes-Benz vehicle or similar appropriate for the size of your group
- Accommodation is based according to availability (for multiple day tours only)
- Pick-up from and return to your hotel
- Pick-up from the Port of Piraeus
- Private tour, Road tolls and local taxes
- Our terminal: Leof. Andrea Siggrou 37, 117 43 Athina, Greece.
Excluded from the tour
- Entrance fees to the archaeological sites and museum
- Wine tasting fee (wine tours)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and beverage
- Your private chauffeur/guide will discuss a program best suited to your interest and mobile abilities. Option for a professional tour guide with a state license at an extra cost. Read more for the difference between a STATE LICENSED TOUR GUIDE and a TOUR DRIVER GUIDE in Greece!
- Dress: religious and marmoreal sites: shoulders and knee must be covered
- Terms & Conditions and Frequent Questions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A voucher will be emailed to you with our contact numbers and all necessary information for your tour.
- This is your ticket and proof of purchase. On the day of tour please present a paper voucher in order to redeem your tour/activity.
Persons with Disabilities
- Due to uneven surfaces, certain sites are not recommended for persons with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. Such sites are the Acropolis, the Temple of Poseidon at Sounion, Mycenae, Delphi and Meteora
- In all cases, we recommend comfortable flat-solid walking shoes, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Please note that on this tour, your tour driver is not licensed to accompany you on your climb. If you want this service you may book a licensed by the state tour guide for an extra cost.
- In case a group is followed by a licensed tour guide or an English speaking tour-escort the professional driver is not obliged to speak English!
Opening hours & Admission fees
- Opening Hours:Summer April 1st to October 31st from 08:00 AM to 07:30 PM
- Winter: November 1st to March 31st from 08:30 AM to 03:00 PM
- Free admission fees: Children under 18 & Students from E.U.
- Reduced admission fees: Citizens of the E.U. aged over 65 & Students from countries outside the E.U.
Free admission days
- March 6: In memory of deceased Minister of Tourism & visionary Melina Mercouri
- June 5: Environment international day
- April 18 : International monuments day
- May 18: International museums day
- September 27: International tourism day
- The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days)
- National Holidays
- Sundays in the period between 1 November and 31 March
- The first Sunday of every month, except for July, August and September
- NOTE: If the first Sunday is a holiday then the second is the free admission day
Holidays in Greece
- January 1: closed
- January 6: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Shrove Monday: 08:30AM - 03:00 PM
- March 25: closed
- Good Friday: 12:00 PM - 03:00 PM
- Holy Saturday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- Easter Sunday: closed
- Easter Monday: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- May 1: closed
- Holy Spirit Day: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- 15 August 15: 08:30 AM - 03:00 PM
- October 28: 08:30 AM- 03:00 PM
- December 25 & 26: closed